The National Weather Service on Wednesday decided to not renew a heat advisory issued for South Florida Tuesday but warned that the weather will still be extremely hot and humid.
The body of the 2-year-old Nebraska boy who was attacked and dragged into a lake by an alligator at a Walt Disney World resort has been recovered, authorities said this afternoon.
By KEVIN WADLOW – KeysInfoNet
Frustration spills over seagrass die-off in Florida Bay, the worst in decades; residents and officials demand action
The campaign to save Florida Bay should move to the ballot box, speakers fumed Thursday in Islamorada.
“Talking to the politicians obviously is not working,” Islamorada Village Council member Jim Mooney said after a presentation on Florida Bay’s woes to the village board.
Read the complete arrticle:
During a visit to a Starbucks in downtown Gainesville, Gov. Rick Scott got an earful from an angry woman over his refusal to expand Medicaid to low-income Floridians.
There are many steps in planning a web site. I would like to take you through the process.
- The first question is why do you need a web site? This is one question you must answer first and clearly before spending a penny to have your web site built.
- Create a business plan – this will take time, but it is extremely useful. The reason a business plan is useful, is because it becomes a blueprint of your business. This will provide the information about products and services for the keyword analysis. I think it is important to understand the cash flow forecast from the website as well.
- Select a Domain Name – Using your Main Keyword Phrase and develop many combinations of names that you would like to use. Then begin the task of checking if the domain is available. Network Solutions, Go Daddy and many other Domain registration sites are available to register a domain. You may find that your ideal domain may be taken.
- Locate a reputable web hosting company. This is a tough one, but speak with people whom have web sites to see if they are satisfied with the service they are getting. Pay for a yearly hosting plan – it can save some money. You may wish to get a SSL certificate that helps with Google’s Rankings algorithm .
- Who will build your web site? Will you undertake this task or is it easier to pay someone to create and maintain the web site. If you need a web designer, you are welcome to contact me.
- How will you market your web site? Will you spend the time to study how to market the web site or will you hire a search engine marketing company? Remember, people do not just show up once you build a web site. It’s not like the movie – “The Field of Dreams”, where they say “if you build it, they will come” – that is not going to happen. You need to spend the time to market a website like any other business.
- For more information about planning a website visit: http://www.smittysholdings.com/pages/How-to-plan-a-web-site.php
If wish to discuss Website Design and Internet Marketing, Let’s talk and I will be happy to provide a quote.
South Florida Web Design and Internet Marketing by Smitty’s Holdings
“After reading this you may never trust Congress or the FDA again, let alone corporate chain grocery stores. This toxic practice makes seriously decayed meat look fresh for weeks and is banned in many countries including the European Union and Japan.
Many consumers are unaware that over 70% of beef and chicken in the United States and Canada is treated with poisonous carbon monoxide gas and the FDA allows it, despite the known public health risks.”
The American government does not care about the citizens of this country to allow this type of illegal behavior
If you are as upset as I am – contact your Congressman and Senators and tell them to protect the public and stop placing profits over our health!!!
By Ken Kaye, Contact Reporter, Sun Sentinel
With king tides, persistent winds and large waves from Tropical Storm Erika and Hurricane Joaquin making erosion particularly bad this year, the demand for sand is high â€“ but is it possible we could run out?
Read this interesting story…
They are called King Tides, or seasonal high tides, but some may prefer to call them a royal pain. And they’re expected to continue flooding South Florida’s coastal neighborhoods through Friday.
A Miami company has applied for a permit to drill for oil in the Everglades of western Broward County, setting off a likely fight with environmentalists over a remote area inhabited by wading birds, alligators and other wildlife.
Read the full article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-broward-oil-drilling-20150710-story.html
Editorial from the Miami Herald
Our state political leaders should be ashamed. In twisting the intent of Amendment 1, they have brazenly ignored the will of Florida voters.
But the ballot initiative, born of a wish to keep lawmakers from raiding money set aside to purchase and preserve Florida lands, was subverted and misappropriated by state legislators.
Now state environmentalists are fighting back with a lawsuit to stop this from happening next year. They deserve our support.
How many times have you heard the phrase, “I like Bernie Sanders, but he can’t win,” uttered by people who identify themselves as progressives? The facts, however, illustrate that “Bernie Sanders can win” and nobody in politics foreshadowed the Vermont Senator’s latest surge in both Iowa and New Hampshire.
A 7-foot female manatee was rescued Tuesday after being trapped overnight in a pump station next to the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale.