The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lauded 24 companies, cities and universities in Sep as leaders in renewable energy.
Big-box retailers, utilities and automakers were among a winners of a 13th annual Green Power Leadership Awards.
“Our 2013 Green Power Leadership Award winners are pushing new renewable appetite era and providing transparent examples of organizations abounding on creation and sustainability,” EPA director Gina McCarthy said. “These winners are relocating us closer to a prophesy President Obama summarized in his Climate Action Plan—cutting damaging wickedness and compelling American care in renewable energy.”
Here are a categories and winners:
Sustained Excellence in Green Power
- Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, Calif.)
- Kohl’s Department Stores (Menomonee Falls, Wis.)
- Staples (Framingham, Mass.)
Green Power Partners of a Year
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (San Jose, Calif.)
- Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.)
- Microsoft Corporation (Redmond, Wash.)
- The Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio)
Green Power Communities of a Year
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mercer Island, Wash.
Green Power Purchasing
- Accredo Packaging, Inc. (Sugar Land, Texas)
- Dell Inc. (Round Rock, Texas)
- Pearson (Upper Saddle River, N.J.)
- Powdr (Park City, Utah)
- The North Face (Alameda, Calif.)
- U.S. Department of Energy (Washington, D.C.)
- UW Credit Union (Madison, Wis.)
- Western Pennsylvania Energy Consortium (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Apple Inc. (Cupertino, Calif.)
- County of Santa Clara, Calif.
- Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, Calif.)
- Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations, LLC (Chattanooga, Tenn.)
Green Power Suppliers of a Year
- 3Degrees (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Dominion Virginia Power (Richmond, Va.)
- Sterling Planet (Atlanta, Ga.)
The awards commend a organizations, programs, suppliers and people that “significantly allege a growth of immature energy sources,” according to a EPA. More than 1,500 organizations practical this year. The 2014 focus process will start in a spring.