(CNN) — Is it possible to rank the world’s best beaches?
Of course it is. This is the Internet.
Will everyone agree with our ranking, murmuring respectfully among themselves about how perfectly accurate every placement is?
Maybe not. This is the Internet.
But that’s why we’ve scoured the planet, demanded answers from our most well traveled friends, colleagues and cohorts, absorbed passionate pleas from readers, researched, investigated and examined the evidence then finally tipped the sand from our shoes, washed the brine from our eyes and put together a pretty good guide to the best beaches on the planet.
Now we turn it over to you.
Consider this list a premise, a platform from which you can jump into a dazzling, turquoise ocean of “further recommendations.”
There’s a comment box down below — use it.
Or vote now on our Facebook poll — World’s Best Beaches.
25. Sun Island Beach, Maldives
24. Egremni Beach, Greece
23. Crane Beach, Barbados
22. Boulders Beach, Cape Town
21. Juara Beach, Tioman Island, Malaysia
20. Rarotonga, Cook Islands
19. Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi, Thailand
18. Gardner Bay, Espanola Island, Ecuador
17. Nihiwatu Beach, Sumba, Indonesia
16. Luskentyre Beach, Scotland
15. The Baths, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
14. El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
13. Pulau Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia
12. Tulum, Mexico
11. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
10. Palaui Island, Cagayan Valley, Philippines
9. Champagne Beach, Vanuatu
8. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahiti
7. Wineglass Bay, Tasmania
6. Cabbage Beach, Paradise Island, Bahamas
5. Anse de Grande Saline, St. Barths
4. Anse Source d’Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
3. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
2. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
1. Grande Anse Beach, La Digue Island, Seychelles