Broward County’s ancestral “Shippey House” has a new address.
Sunday, application crews gathering a 98-year-old home about a entertain of a mile down Broward Boulevard to a new lot in Himmarshee Village. The sum float took several hours due to energy lines and application poles along a way.
Built in 1914, a “Shippey House” is named after Broward County’s second judge, Fred Shippey. It has been sitting on a steel height for a past 6 years, underneath an active dispersion permit. An unknown $50,000 concession saved a residence from being destroyed.
“The wrecking round was only fundamentally 48 hours away,” pronounced Alysa Plummer, President of Save Shippey House. “Fortunately a owners unequivocally stepped adult along with us over time and worked with us to save a house.”
The Shippey House will now be recorded and easy to how it looked behind in 1914. The City of Fort Lauderdale donated a new tract of land in Himmarshee Village.