I setup a gallery of my photos for the Davie Youth Lacrosse Foundation – the Boys Senior Navy Team.
I have taken thousands of photos and decided to distill the amount of photos down to the best ones I feel came out well.
These photos were taken with a Canon 40D Camera using a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 L series lense. The images are very large, so I had to crop and reduce the size of the images to be displayed on the web page.
Each game has between 25-40 images using a next and previous options to go through the images.
I guess this is more for the Parents and the players than for anyone else, but there are some good shots.
It is a tough sport that requires a combination of skills.
- Lots of running
- Playing while wearing helmet, gloves, shoulder & chest protection, arm guards and any additional gear.
- Being able to use the lacrosse stick to catch, throw, run with a ball and scoop up a ball on the run
- There is plenty of physical interaction to get the ball and control the ball
- Learning offense and defense
- Playing as a team
- Knowing where all the players are while moving the ball down the field to the opponents goal.
I personally think the players are having a good time, even though it can be a physically challenging sport.
Enjoy the photos.