ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that broward-directory, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if broward-directory believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TERMS. Further, you agree that broward-directory shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 10-16 shall survive termination of the TERMS.
Please follow all listing posting guidelines.
- Only submit listings for companies conducting business in Broward County Florida. Each listing will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Please fill in all appropriate fields including First Name, Last Name, and e-mail in the registration. Be sure to enter your city and state in the about me field and be sure to select an appropriate category when submitting your classifieds ad.
- If you have a website, please insure that it is completed and not in a development state. If upon review the website is not a complete website, the listing will be rejected.
- Depending on what you submit, it will be reviewed and based on our opinion we will either accept or reject a business listing.
- We will only accept websites that are not objectionable in nature and are directly related to that category.
- We do reserve the right to review, accept or reject any listing for any reason, Alter title, descriptions and keywords, Move your site to another category.
Do not submit
- Do not use all letters upper case
- Do not give a description full of keywords in your Title
- Do not submit more than one page of your site
- Do not submit Mirror pages or Doorway pages
- Do not submit Adult, Warez, Hacking or Cracking Sites or sites with Illegal Content of any kind.
- Do not submit sites with Profanity, Racism or Hatred anywhere on the site.
- Do not submit sites with error pages
- Do not submit under construction sites.
- Do not submit website full of Affiliate links.
- Do not submit Affiliate Rebranding websites ( by using webAPIs, Datafeeds and so on)
Submissions may not be accepted:
- if it deals with pornographic contents, hate materials and unlawful practice.
- if the entry is in all capital letters.
- if every word is capitalized, in the sites title or description.
- if there are symbols, in the sites title or description.
- if there is excessive punctuation marks or keywords in the sites title or description.
- if anything to boost your sites listing is used.
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of broward-directory. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of broward-directory, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. broward-directory is a registered mark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Although broward-directory does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to broward-directory an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant broward-directory all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BROWARD-DIRECTORY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE AND THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BROWARD-DIRECTORY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BROWARD-DIRECTORY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BROWARD-DIRECTORY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF BROWARD-DIRECTORY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE BROWARD-DIRECTORY SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold broward-directory, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the TERMS, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
The TERMS constitute the entire agreement between you and broward-directory and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and broward-directory. The TERMS and the relationship between you and broward-directory shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and broward-directory agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Ft Lauderdale, Florida. The failure of broward-directory to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TERMS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TERMS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TERMS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TERMS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold. For your convenience, we have prepared a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items the advertisement for sale of which is not permitted on broward-directory.
Broward-directory users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate — including but not limited to those imposed by the State of Florida, where the broward-directory service physically resides. We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction.
Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on broward-directory:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to “safe and sane” fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish.
- Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids – including but not limited to stud/breeding service
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card ‘grab bags’, raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
The following links may be helpful in researching whether a particular transaction is prohibited or regulated:
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
- Bureau of Industry and Security’s Denied Persons List
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Plant Health and Pest Prevention Services Division
- Copyright Office
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Laws and Regulations
- Food and Drug Administration
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Plant Board
- National Stolen Art File
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Patent and Trademark Office
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
- Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier’s check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee”
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consumating transaction.
Please follow these common-sense rules:
- DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON – follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service – anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL “GUARANTEE” YOUR TRANSACTION.
If you had a problem with a fraudulent transaction or scammer: